Friday, October 11, 2013

Hays Ways {a little about us}



 Photo Credit: Andrea's Wedding Photography
December, 2012
This is us
We've grown a little since this picture was taken, but,  this is us none-the-less.

Our little, blessed family of five.

I would like to take some time to tell you a little bit about our history, our family and each one of us, individually. 




Photo Credit: Andrea's Wedding Photography

Thomas and I met in October 2007, when I started working at Washington Mutual Bank in Sun City, California. He was a Teller there, and he was basically the one responsible for 'showing me the ropes.'

I could have never imagined that first day of work at Washington Mutual would be the first day of the rest of my life

I was in a really rough season in my life when I started working there. 

I was 21 years old {Thomas was 19}. I had a 3 month old daughter, my sweet McKynlie, and I was living with my parents, as a single mom. 

At first, Thomas was a friend. A great listener and comforter. He was there for me.
It didn't take long for our friendship to turn into something more. 
And then, within 3 months, he decided it was too much.

I was crushed
But, I understood. 
And I was grateful he was honest enough to tell me it was too much.

You see, I was really grown up for being just 21 years old. 
I was a mom. I had lived a lot. I had been through a lot. I had seen a lot. And I expected a lot.
I was a lot of responsibility for a 19 year old boy to take on. 

I truly did understand where he was coming from. 
I always refer to the first part of our relationship as the time God used Thomas to show me what He had in store for me. 
Thomas brought me back to me.
He reminded me of what I deserved, what I wanted and how I was meant to be treated by a man. 
God used Thomas to open my eyes.

During the time Thomas and I were apart, {long story short} I became pregnant with Kennedy, and I got engaged to her and McKynlie's dad.

{yes, I made A LOT of mistakes. I am forever thankful I serve a faithfully forgiving and gracious God who never let go of me.}

Thomas was crushed. 

My relationship quickly crumbled with the girls' dad, and Thomas was selflessly and completely there for me, once again.

Thomas and I were officially a couple on August 27th, 2009
We were married October 1st, 2010 {the best day of my life}

Together, Thomas and I have become the very best of friends. We have laughed and rejoiced and found joy.  We have struggled, fought, mourned and cried. 
We have been through things that could've torn us apart and ripped our marriage to shreds.

But The Lord, our God is with us and He carries us through all of the seasons we go through as husband and wife.
I find my hope in Him, and everyday, I place our marriage in His hands.
And I am so thankful The Lord made me for Thomas. I am so blessed to be his wife.


photo credit: TWP by Marissa Sanchez
January 2012
photo credit: Andrea's Wedding Photography
December 2012

photo credit: TWP by Marissa Sanchez
November 2012

Thomas is... amazing.

God really knew what He was doing when He created Thomas and put the plan in place for us to be husband and wife. He knew I needed Thomas. Thomas is gentle hearted and sweet. He is funny. He is soooo smart. He is a hard worker, a great friend and an incredible father. He is strong, honest and trustworthy. He is a great leader and protector. Thomas works for a local city in their finance department and he loves to watch sports, movies and go shooting. Sometimes, I look at Thomas and just melt at how deep my love is for him. I couldn't imagine one day without him. Thankful is an understatement.


 McKynlie age 6- September 2013

Kennedy age 4- October 2013


Photos by Me

McKynlie is my oldest. She is 6 years old and is in first grade. She is sweet and kind. She is sassy and bold. She is drama and beauty. She is curious and she is a perfectionist. She is love, truly. She truly loves to love and be loved. She seeks to please and wants to be just like me. She is silly and loves to make people laugh. She has a great heart for Jesus and a flawless eclectic soul. If you were to ask, she would tell you that her favorite TV show is Sofia the First and her favorite colors are pink and purple. She loves to help me cook and she wants to be a teacher when she grows up. She is forgiveness and grace and the capacity of her heart is larger than she is.

 Kennedy is my middle child. She is 4 years old {though she will tell you she is 5}. She is daring and tough. She is active and rambunctious. She is carefree and unorganized. She is sort of a tomboy and she is a daddy's girl.  She loves animals... probably more than people. She pushes the limits. She likes to be just like McKynlie, so she would say her favorite TV show is Sofia the First {and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse} and her favorite colors are pink and purple {and black}. She loves to pray and ask questions about Heaven. She has the sweetest voice and she is so imaginative. She does her own thing. She is cool and confident and kind. She looks forward to baking chocolate chip cookies with me. She is bold and she believes and she will be an amazing Godly influence.



 Lincoln, age 10 months. October 2013. Photos by me.

Lincoln. My baby. Lincoln is my miracle child. He is a blessing from The Lord after He had Thomas and I journey through a very long, rough season in our marriage and life. {I will post about this season in the future.} Lincoln is perfect. He is a mommy's boy. He is happy and sweet. He is big and strong and energetic. He fights bedtime and loves to feed himself. I gave Lincoln to The Lord when I found out I was pregnant with him, and sometimes, I can feel The Lord through him.  He has slowed me down and made me realize The Lord's desires for me and my life. His eyes are windows to his soul- so deep and full. He is pure joy and an answer to so many prayers.




Me. August 2013

This is me. {and this is the hardest part of this blog post to write.} As you know, I am a wife and a mom. I work full-time as an emergency dispatcher and I am too busy for my own good. I am at a turning point in my life and I am excited  to see where The Lord is guiding me. He is changing my heart and my plans. He is aligning me with His good and perfect will. I am in awe. I love coffee and I love to crochet. I love when my house is clean {which is never, by the way}.  I have a creative spirit. I love to plan, decorate and organize. I have a bold personality, and I am beginning to realize God didn't give that to me by mistake- He gave me a bold personality to be bold about Him- about His grace, His love, His son. He gave me a bold personality so I can speak {write} about bold topics of faith and truth and love. And this blog is the place He gave me to start.

I hope you enjoyed this little look into my life and family, and I hope you feel a little more connected when you are reading the posts now that you have seen our faces and have had glimpses of our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment